The Eighth Annual Conference of the Canadian Association for the Study of Discourse and Writing (CASDW / ACR) will be held in Calgary, Alberta from Saturday, May 28th to Monday, May 30th. Download the full Call for Proposals via CFP 2016 – Calgary CASDW.
We invite papers on all aspects of writing studies for the eighth annual conference of CASDW/ACR, the largest gathering of writing studies scholars in Canada. In particular, we invite papers on research on writing theory and pedagogy connecting with our theme of The Power of Writing. This theme encompasses research and theoretical studies of not only the effects of writing, but also the energy and efforts required to cultivate and sustain effective writing and writing program initiatives.
Papers might address topics such as:
- the nature of effective and powerful writing in the academy, the professions, and the workplace
- how strong and energetic writing programs are created and supported or undermined
- writing and power
- the writing centre as a “writing resource”
- writing in the energy sector and Canada’s natural resource fields
- the discourse of environmental activism – local and global
- teaching students to write: what motivates and energizes writing instruction?
- how writing shapes, challenges, and energizes communities
We invite papers that draw on work in genre studies, rhetorical theory, writing studies, writing centre theory and practice, and professional and technical writing research and practice. We welcome papers that connect with CASDW’s heritage as a place for sharing research on technical and professional writing as well as those that connect with its more inclusive mission to examine all forms of discourse and writing and to explore pedagogical practices and innovations.
The proposal deadline is January 25, 2016
Download the complete Call for Proposals via Download the full Call for Proposals via CFP 2016 – Calgary CASDW.