Mark your calendars for Canada’s inaugural cross-country Long Night Against Procrastination (LNAP)!
LNAP is an all-night event in which writing tutors (other tutors, librarians, or staff can be included as well) are available to assist students. While LNAP events have previously been hosted at individual institutions, we thought we would kick things up a notch this year by coordinating a Canada-wide event.
This event will begin on the evening of Thursday, November 6th, and it will end on the morning of Friday, November 7th. East coast schools will start the relay at 8pm, for example, and then each province/time zone will be added in a relay-type formation. The aim for each institution is to begin the LNAP at a set time (e.g., 8pm).
Several institutions are already on board:
Atlantic Standard Time: St. Francis Xavier, Saint Mary’s University
Eastern ST: Nipissing University, Wilfrid Laurier University
Central ST: University of Saskatchewan
Pacific ST: Emily Carr University of Art + Design
If you would like more information about activities during the Long Night Against Procrastination, please visit the following sites:
- Engage U (history of LNAP): http://www.wlu.ca/page.php?grp_id=306&p=23493
- U Manitoba: http://umanitoba.ca/longnight/
- Brandon U: http://www.brandonu.ca/long-night/
- Wilfrid Laurier U: http://www.wlu.ca/page.php?grp_id=306&p=23493 + CWCA PPT slides (https://cwcaaccr.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/14_05_23_cwca_presentation_garbati_samuels_laurier_final.pdf)
- Saint Mary’s U: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Up-All-Night-with-You-Saint-Marys-University/495845727149752
Please join us to make this an exciting cross-Canada event! If you and your Writing Centre/Learning Services/Study Skills team would like to participate, please let us know so we can share plans.
The LNAP Organizing Committee
Jordana Garbati – email@example.com
Brian Hotson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Liv Marken – email@example.com
Boba Samuels – firstname.lastname@example.org